You should check the engine belts during the regular maintenance. If you see that they are cracked, dry or broken, it is the time to replace them.
Worn belts may affect the battery charging and the engine temperature since the main pulley turns both the alternator and the water pump.
Buy your new engine belts from eBay, use that eBay listing and support us:
10,12,14, 17mm sockets
Step by Step guide:
17mm ring wrench
1. Turn off the engine and let it cool, You may disconnect the negative battery cable, but it is not necessary.
2. Use the 10mm socket to remove the air inlet so we’ll have access to the belts.
3. Remove the upper part of the fan shroud, there are plastic clips on the side of it, simply press them and pull the plastic out.
4. Release the 17mm bolt and nut at the bottom of the alternator – better access from under the car – do not remove them, just release to allow movement.
5. Release the first 14mm bolt which avoids the alternator from moving and then, use the 14mm socket to turn the long bolt till the belts will come off the alternator.
5. In the picture below, first, release the tensor center bolt (14mm) and then, use the bolt at the top of it to release the belt.
6. Put the new belts in the place and use the tensor bolts to tense the belts, while you are done, use the “locking” bolts to secure the alternator and the tensor pulley in place.
Good luck 🙂